Wednesday, February 11, 2009

prepare for long post

I've been feeling so great that I think I'm going to jump ahead to the week of Feb. 15 on the novice training program and run 4 times this week for 15 min. each. (that's only one week ahead) I like when I'm ahead of schedule... it gives me some breathing room just in case! :) Loving this though, I'm so excited to be able to run more and longer

Three summers ago I ran a half marathon (it's been my claim to being in shape for the last three years..."oh yah, I ran a half marathon...a couple years ago, but still...") But here's just a little motivation for you all.  When I started training for this race I could run 1/2 mile--barely.  I ran 1/2 mile three times the first week, 1 mile three times the second week, 1 1/2 miles the third week, 2 miles the fourth week and so on until I could run 10 miles.  Then I ran the entire 13 point whatever miles with adrenaline, having fun and pushing myself along the way!  It helps me to think back to this and know that I can do anything! And you can too! No matter where you are beginning.  On the days you don't want to run, just do it... You won't regret doing it but you will regret not doing it!  I also ran a couple of 5k's and a 10k while I was training and that was fun to get into the spirit of racing! So maybe we should sign up for a few before the big relay... I'd love to if anyone else does too! 

Oh yah... and last night I had a dream that we won the relay. Only it was an indoor obstacle course (picture olympic gymnastics mixed with american gladiators) and for the awards ceremony we had to wear matching prom dresses... but our team didn't bring any and we were wearing jeans. Then I woke up.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You crack me up. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Megan! I love it! I am curious what half did you do? That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was called the Midnight Sun Marathon and it was in Alaska--I know, SWEET! It was gorgeous and no other race will probably ever compare...Two of my friends from SkyWest did it with me (which is why we went because we could fly for free)

    ReplyDelete